OPS and releasable locks

From: Dave Leather <david_leather_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 09:13:49 -0000

I have an OPS db with two instances, it using a a combination of fixed and releasable locks There are 29 files covered with fixed locks and 10000 releasable locks the db_block_buffers is 30000. I check the contents of v$bh and found that the majority of the blocks belonged to the files covered by the releasable locks. There were almost as many status scur amd xcur records as there are releasable locks . My understanding is that if the number of locks required exceeds releasable locks the the instance will crash, for releasable locks will the xcur and scur blocks consume a releasable lock each?

Is this likley to be causing the instance to crash ?

Thanks

Dave Leather Received on Fri Dec 07 2001 - 03:13:49 CST