ulimit question....getting file exceeds file size limit

From: Carl <flatmountains_at_attbi.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 06:08:28 GMT

I'm running 8.1.7.0.0 on AIX.

I have a user running sqlldr under their own AIX userid and is getting ora-27092 size of file exceeds file size limit of the process

Note: We start oracle using the "oracle" AIX id and it has ulimit set to unlimited. The analyst ran the sqlldr under the analyst's AIX id which has a lower setting for ulimit.

I had thought that since oracle is the one actually writing to the tablespaces, that it didn't matter what the individual's ulimit settings were as long as the settings for the "oracle" id was unlimited.

I am able to successfully run the analyst's load script while connected with the "oracle" AIX id.

Would appreciate a clarification on this. BTW I saw a few hits on Metalink for ora-27092.

Thanks,
Carl Received on Fri Dec 07 2001 - 00:08:28 CST