Swap Space Requirements with 9i RAC?

From: Andrew Zitelli <zitelli_at_raytheon.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 16:05:43 -0800

I am beginning to plan for hardware and software acquisitions on a 4 node Solaris cluster running Oracle 9i RAC, Sun Cluster 3.0 and Veritas VxVM 3.x.x. In researching initial disk requirements, I have been unable to find information discussing disk requirements for swap space. Does RAC increase swap space requirements above Oracle's normal suggestion for 2X RAM. Should cluster nodes share the same physical disks for swap or should each node use separate disk(s)? Any other insight or references will be greatly appreciated. Received on Thu Dec 06 2001 - 18:05:43 CST