Re: management server (problems)

From: Ed Stevens <Ed_Stevens_at_nospam.noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 20:32:08 GMT

On Thu, 06 Dec 2001 17:31:16 GMT, "Jerry Wiebe" <wiebe_at_brandonu.ca> wrote:

>When I reboot the server the MANAGEMENTSERVER service does not start even
>thought
>it is set to automatic. I can start the service manually with no problems.
>
>any suggestions.
>
>Windows 2000 server
> Oracle 8i (8.1.6)
>
>thanks in advance
>Jerry

Is the MgmtSever on the same machine as the repository? MgmtSvr will not start if the repository is not available. I've startup failures due to the repository not having finished starting up when the MgmtSvr comes along and tries to start up.

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions expressed do not necessarily represent those of my employer.)