Re: Tuning effort - understanding results.

From: Stephan Bressler <stephan.bressler_at_pdb.sbs.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 11:39:30 +0100

Hi Ed.

 the reported colums in report.txt show what they are named after: 'per seconds' references the duration of the report 'per transaction' references the number of transactions covered by the report (=user commits, maybe plus user rollbacks)

'execution' counts the number of sql statements like 'select .. from ...', which usually consists of parse, bind, execute, fetch, close calls. All the latter are counted as user calls. So, user calls should always be >= executions.

Regards
Stephan

"Ed Stevens" <Ed_Stevens_at_nospam.noway.nohow> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:3c0cf3d3.66259796_at_ausnews.austin.ibm.com...
> Subject: Tuning effort - understanding results.
>

> Also, in analyzing performance reports, I'm not sure I understand what is
meant
> when a measure like response time is reported "per execute", "per user
call" and
> "per transaction." Yes, I know the mathematical definition (event count
/
> execute, event count / user call, etc.) but within this context I don't
know the
> exact definition of an "execute", a "user call", and a "transaction".
These are
> Oraperf reports, and comparing the numbers there back to the utlestat
reports,
> it appears that a "transaction" is really the entire sampling period of
the
> estat report, which is certainly NOT what I think of as a "transaction"
And I