SYS-Objects in temporary Tablespace

From: waltervdv <marcus.kuehl_at_t-online.de>
Date: 6 Dec 2001 01:51:38 -0800

Hallo !

This morning our production went onto following Error:

ORA-01652: unable to extend temp segment by in tablespace

The size of our temporary tablespace was 400 MB and I extended it to 500 MB.
The error occured while a huge select-statement was executed. After resizing the tablespace, the error didn't occure again.

When I looked at the content of the temporary tablespace I found one big temporary object owned by SYS (name = "3.9986", size 399,5 MB). This object remains. It keeps 90 % of the temporary tablespace.

Is the space used by this object lost or is it internally used for sorting, ... ???
What is the purpose of this object ?

Thank You for any information !

Marcus Received on Thu Dec 06 2001 - 03:51:38 CST