Re: I'm not able to find the catrman.sql

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 20:11:49 +1100

Because you are presumably typing

rman catalog user/passwrd_at_SOMEWHERE

...and the "@SOMEWHERE" is a tnsnames alias to an Instance. You need to have set up your listener.ora and your tnsnames.ora first to allow connections remotely. The error you have here says your tnsnames.ora is not correct.

You should test this out in SQL Plus, too. Try a connect system/manager_at_SOMEWHERE (whatever the alias is supposed to be), and if that works, then rman won't be a problem either.

Use the Net 8 Configuration Assistant to help you get these files created if you have trouble doing them manually. You simply fill in details of Instance name, and port to listen on, and it should be plain sailing.

Regards
HJR

--
Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com