Re: Oracle in memory

From: Stephan Bressler <stephan.bressler_at_pdb.sbs.de>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 09:11:27 +0100

Hi,

yes, we did this in a major R/3 benchmark. We placed a lot of read-only tables in a single tablespace which resided on a hybird memory/physical mirror disk (so all reads were satisfied from the memory disk). But, we measured no improvement of performance of any significance.

My believing here is: give the memory to oracle directly by increasing the buffer cache and maybe pinning tables into the cache.

Regards
Stephan