Re: Extents in SYSTEM tablespace

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_bestweb.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:55:52 -0500

    If you looked at the thrown extents right after a clean install using Oracle's pctincrease settings you'd still see some objects with several thousand extents. You can probably ignore this, or you can edit sql.bsq before you create a database to remove the problems. Starting in 9i Oracle recommends not editing sql.bsq. I've done it in 8 and 8i databases and plan to try it in 9i. It's up to you.

    The same objects that started with a lot of thrown extents in 8 and 8i are the ones that show up again in 9i.

Van