Oracle AQ Retry with Delay Interval

From: Xilong Hu <xhu_at_advsysintl.com>
Date: 5 Dec 2001 13:19:12 -0800

Hi,

I am new to Oracle AQ. I try to use the retry with delay interval functionality, but I can't make it to work as expected. 1. If I create a queue by setting retry_delay to 0 and max_retry to 5, it works fine. I can try to Dequeue 5 times with rollback and then the message expired.
2. If I set the retry_delay to a number other than 0, i.e. 120 seconds, the mesg_state never changes from WAIT to READY. When I try to dequeue it, the dequeue call is blocked even after the delay time. The Oracle8i server is an Enterprise edition release 8.1.6.3.0. Oracle client is release 8.1.7.0.0. I also set the compatible to '8.1' when the queue table is created. The queue is a single consumer queue.

Hope someone can help me out. Thanks.

Best regards

Xilong Received on Wed Dec 05 2001 - 15:19:12 CST