Oracle Names and DNS

From: Aleksey Burdakov <burdakov_at_vesco.ru>
Date: 5 Dec 2001 10:03:34 -0800

Some questions concerned with Oracle Names 8.1.7:

In case a networks with a NT server has no domain defined for it, and has no DNS service, what should I place in Oracle configuration files in order to make the Oracle Names Service work ?

How should I configure Net8 8.1.7 client ? Should I place "world" instead of the domain name ? If I get it right, in the case when DNS is absent, a client could not automatically find Names Server via DNS, and I have to explicitly define it providing NT server name and default port 1575.

Best Regards,

Aleksey Burdakov Received on Wed Dec 05 2001 - 12:03:34 CST