Re: New Virus out yesterday - don't open 'Hi' emails

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 5 Dec 2001 07:36:19 -0800

Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote in message news:<E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA756DC46_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk>...
> Morning all,
>
> the new goner virus is out as of yesterday.
> It sends an email with 'Hi' as the subject and will infect you if you
> open the attached goner.scr screen saver (!) OR if you have the preview
> pane open in Outlook/Outlook Express.

Oh, that's just another childish virus, grown men do not open executables posted by email. :-)))

> We got hit last night just as we were uploading the latest dat file -
> out NT bods were here all night and had to eat Pizza and drink Coke to
> get them through the carnage.
>
> We are now clean !

Wov, that really helped ? Your NT men have destroyed a computer virus by eating Pizza and drinking Coke ? That should be much more comfortable than all that toil with antivirus SWs we used in past. :-) I hope that I need not to use a Light Coke, because that's should be worse than using antivirus. :-)

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.