Re: my jobs from dbms_job don't run

From: Rolf Unger <rolf.unger_at_ctilabs.de>
Date: 5 Dec 2001 07:31:10 -0800

"S?awomir Marcinkowski" <s.marcinkowski_at_Bankier.pl> wrote in message news:<9ukva6$lc0$1_at_news.tpi.pl>...
> I've submitted job, but it was never executed by database 8i EE on Tru64.
> Does anybody know why? What do I do wrong?
> Slawek

I guess what you posted is a query against the table user_jobs (or is it dba_jobs?)

The Total_time field has a value so your job has run already once. You may repeat the query against the user_jobs table, as you have an intervall of 1 minute, the field LAST_SEC should change every minute.
In my opinion the job was executed and the BROKEN flag is not set so it does not seem to be corrupt.

Open questions:

As I rather assume the problem is in the procedure/package that you use during execution, there are some more questions:

Finally, have you looked in the alert logs of the database instance? Should be called something like <SID>ALRT.log. Sorry, can't help you with the exact location of this file, as my knowledge ends with Oracle 8.05 on Windows NT.

Not sure if this helps you, but it may give you some hints on where to start..
Of course you can always tried it with a second post with more detailed information.

Cheers, Rolf.

> LAST_DATE
> --------
> 01/12/05
>
> LAST_SEC
> --------
> 09:35:48
>

> NEXT_DATE
> --------
> 01/12/05
>
> NEXT_SEC
> --------
> 09:36:48
>
> TOTAL_TIME
> 23
>
> BROKEN
> ------

!? Next two fields seems to be exchanged ?!