9ias: Migrating a Portal

From: Brian Rankin <brankin_at_round1.com>
Date: 4 Dec 2001 16:22:10 -0800

Hello,

I have Oracle 9ias (1.0.2.2.1) on Solaris running with an 8i database. I need to move a portal site from this server to another 9ias server. Is there a recommended method for doing this? The destination server is a freshly installed 9ias site.

I assume I could make an export of all objects associated with the various portal30 users, then import everything into the new server and run ssodatan...but I'll bet it isn't that simple. Any recommendations greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, Brian Received on Tue Dec 04 2001 - 18:22:10 CST