Re: Please help: Recovery Scenerio

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 22:11:18 GMT

On NT init.ora is put on the same partition as ORACLE_HOME (ORACLE_BASE\admin\%SID%\pfile)... so if that disk crash you'll have to recreate a new init.ora ... however you could also put the init.ora on another partition and use a dummy init.ora using ifile=x:\.....\newinit.ora Also when you create your services using oradim you can specify the location of the init.ora (-pfile)...

It's been a while (I'm unix based) but I've once done a recovery where I've lost NT4 OS and Oracle executables - datafiles/controlfiles/redologs where fine ...
I just reinstalled NT4+Oracle executable and recreated services/init.ora/orapwd and all was fine ...