Please help: Recovery Scenerio

From: dsmcd <dsmcd_at_uswestmail.net>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 20:28:18 GMT

Hello...

Let's say I have two drives.
-Drive #1 has two partitions; C which has Win2k, and D which has Oracle
8.1.7
-Drive #2 has one partition; E which has all tablespaces.

-3 sets of archived redo logs, and control files; on C,D,and E.
-Cold backups done with BackupExec.

Scenerio #1;
-Drive #1 dies a horrible death, must be thrown away and replaced with
a freshly formatted harddrive.
How do I recover?

Scenerio #2;
-The D partition (Orcale 8.1.7) dies, leaving C intact.
How do I recover?

Thank you for any help. Need to get a final configuration for my Oracle server as soon as possible and this will help me make the decisions.

Keep in mind, these drives will be raid mirrored, but I need to know how to recover if the mirror is of no help. D. Received on Tue Dec 04 2001 - 14:28:18 CST