Re: Monitoring and NAT

From: aviion <member_at_dbforums.com>
Date: 4 Dec 2001 07:11:23 -0500

I am not sure about NAT, but to comapre it with a firewall which seperates external and internal networks.

We use SSH port forwarding, in tnsnames.ora for client we specify the Database server IP address which is not the actual IP but presented to the outside world. On the firewall server, ssh is monitoring the calls at the port say 1521 (sqlnet port defined in tnsnames.ora) for the IP address of database server presented externally and ssh then(which is running in port forwarding mode) forwards the calls to the listner process , now for this listener process ssh is the client.

I think it should be possible to do the samething at the router/switch at ur place.