Re: What are the typical traps in Windows 2000 and Oracle?

From: P <tortcam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Dec 2001 07:41:06 -0800

Thanks a lot for your answer, but maybe I didnīt explain my problem very well.
I know you can use both Windows2000 and Oracle Agents, but my query is about the traps that I want to send, apart from the MIBs they already handle.

In Windows 2000 I need to check things like (these are my suppositions) memory, disk occupation, cpu usage, and I know that for example memory can be retrieved from the counters in the registry, but I havenīt been able to check the value of the others in W2000 (I could see the disk occupation in NT, however), and then, Iīll create a DLL for an extension agent of the Windows 2000 Agent which will send the corresponding traps according to the values...

My question is:
  what are the typical traps that are sent when monitoring Windows2000?
  How can I get the information for disk occupation and CPU usage? (registry???)
  what are the typical traps for Oracle?   How do I make the Oracle Intelligent Agent send them?

Thanks a lot,