Re: Oracle Updated

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 4 Dec 2001 01:09:51 -0800

"Vincent Ventrone" <vav_at_brandeis.edu> wrote in message news:<9ugm1q$qki$1_at_new-news.cc.brandeis.edu>...
> > I never tried it, but you should be able to install the enterprise
> binaries
> > and the re-run catalog/catproc just to be sure.
>
> This sounds right to me -- the binaries between Enterprise & Standard are
> the same -- the only diff. is some of the stored procedures. I agree with
> the above recommendation & it should be OK.

I would prefer export, uninstall, clean install, create new database and import. I think that is better to have not messed installation. I do not want to have some non-standard installation and later I wouldn't know if my problems are because of installation or just because some common ORA error has occured.

Dusan Bolek, Ing.
Oracle team leader

Note: pagesflames_at_usa.net has been cancelled due to changes (maybe we
can call it an overture to bankruptcy) on that server. I'm still using
this email to prevent SPAM. Maybe one day I will change it and have a
proper mail even for news, but right now I can be reached by this
email.