Multiple RMAN catalog on same database OK?

From: <1443131_at_usenetplanet.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 21:21:28 GMT

We have a couple of Oracle Financial databases that we want to backup using RMAN. Problem: they are all installed by Oracle Financial Rapid Install, and they all have the same DB ID, and therefore we cannot have more than one of them registered in a RMAN catalog. To get around this problem, we have to have multiple RMAN catalog. Can we have them all created on a single database instance in different schemas, like RMAN1, RMAN2, RMAN3, etc? Will this cause any problem? Thank you in advance. Received on Mon Dec 03 2001 - 15:21:28 CST