ORA-12203:TNS:unable to connect to destination

From: Berend <Berend.Brinkhuis_at_Eva-Tone.com>
Date: 3 Dec 2001 11:20:43 -0800

I loaded Oracle 8.0.5 on server 2000 with active directory. During the load oracle errored at the end. I installed again over it and it completed ok. The orcl db was installed and the service is running for it. When I tested the connection thru net8 it connects. However when I do set oracle_sid=orcl and svrmgr30 I get the above error. This also happens when I created a new db via oradim80 and tried to run svrmgr30.
I checked my tnsnames.ora and it looks ok (I copied one in from our nt 4 server and still same problem). I did the same with the listener and sqlnet. I do notice that when I look at the "my computer" properties the network Identification shows the domain as EVA-TONE.CORP instead of on the NT server EVA-TONE. Can this cause problems and if so what must I do?

Please help.

Thanks Received on Mon Dec 03 2001 - 13:20:43 CST