Privilege of 'internal' user

From: Christophe <christophe.cavelier_at_template-software.fr>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 12:28:50 +0100

Hi,

I'm a beginer with Oracle and i have the following problem.

I use a development tool which make a request for retrieving all available oracle table.
Oracle don't accept this request (Error ORA-01039) when i use 'system' user for example (dba user) but accept only with 'internal' user. I have this problem with Oracle 8.1.7 only (with Oracle 8.0.5, it work !). The request is :
SELECT DISTINCT TABLE_NAME FROM ALL_CATALOG WHERE OWNER=USER OR ( OWNER='PUBLIC' AND TABLE_NAME NOT IN ( SELECT SYNONYM_NAME FROM ALL_SYNONYMS WHERE TABLE_OWNER = 'SYS' OR TABLE_OWNER = 'SYSTEM')) I trying to create a user with all privileges but it doesn't work.

What is the particularity of 'internal' user ?? Something about privilege management has change between oracle 8.0.5 and oracle 8.1.7 ??

Thanks for your help !

Christophe Received on Mon Dec 03 2001 - 05:28:50 CST