Re: compress long field

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 18:48:50 GMT

If you have a compression ageratum in pl/sql or Java then it would be possible. Yes, you could use C also, just less portable. I would use clob since longs are deprecated. It also depends upon what version of Oracle you have.

If you have a version in Java then I would load the java into the database (loadjava) and use it in a function. I am assuming you are going to be orthagonal about this (compress and uncompress). Jim