Grant Rights

From: doug <d.smith_at_ins.hcc.mnscu.edu>
Date: 30 Nov 2001 11:04:00 -0800

I need some help here! I've been using MYSQL and Postgres for quite awhile and have not had this problem before. With Oracle9i I can not get my users to be able to see each others tables.

As user_one:

create table dog
(id number(2));
Grant all on dog to user_two;

insert into dog(id) values('2');

select * from dog;

id

2

exit

sqlplus user_two/<password>

sql>select * from tab;
no rows selected.

sql>select * from dog;
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

I should also point out I created the users as system/<password>

create user user_one identified by <password> grant connect, resource to user_one;

created both isers the same way.

I realize this is over simplistic but I'm going nuts here!

HELP!!!! Thankx in advnace doug...

Terms and Conditions - Posting Style Guide - Posting FAQ Received on Fri Nov 30 2001 - 13:04:00 CST