Re: help please with create database error

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: 30 Nov 2001 10:59:36 -0800

"Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote in message news:<3c06f59b$0$10229$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...
> The file has to be in that location, I'm afraid -unless you start using
> symbolic links to the actual location, leaving a link behind in the default
> one.
>
> Regards
> HJR
> --
> Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com

This is not entirely correct as ORAPWD will accept a fully 'qualified' file name, including path, so the password file can be located wherever one might wish. With Oracle9i:

c:\ora9i\ora9011\bin\orapwd
file=c:\ora9i\ora9011\database\pwddbtech.ora password=******

This also holds true for Oracle8i:

c:\oracle\ora816\bin\orapwd
file=c:\oracle\ora816\database\pwdtechdb.ora password=++++++