Net8 problems ORA-12560

From: David <david.wynter_at_btclick.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:22:18 -0000

Hi,

I originally posted this on the Oracle tools newsgroup but realise that it is more about Net 8 not being configured properly (at least I think that is where the problem lies? ) and that is why thesqlldr and SQLPlus won't work.

I have 8.1.5 and I have read the Net 8 manual. TNSPing works fine, the Net 8 Assistant tests the connection fine. For this error the troubleshooting section of the documentation says run a trace and then look at that. I did and the listener trace really gives me nothing that indicates any error.

I am at a loss to know what to do next. I have the client and server on the same workstation running W2K Server I use for development. JDBC & SQLPlus for windows all work fine.

One thing I don't get is that it has the service names as "blah.development.blah.com" when I don't have a blah.com set up in the DNS? I don't know enough to understand howw it is supposed to resolve this name. The host name I use does appear in the 'Host Name' entry in the Address Configuration section of the Net8 assitant and in the DNS command window of W2K.

I tried 192.168.0.1 as a localhost address and the string "localhost" to no avail. How can it be this difficult?

Any suggestions?

Regards

David Received on Fri Nov 30 2001 - 11:22:18 CST