Re: Indexes, performance and storage

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:41:19 -0000

No need to apologise - the principles are still the same. It now looks as if your index column is typically about 8 bytes.

The bitmap sizing also suggests that there really are very few distinct values in the index and that a b-tree is not likely to be of much use.

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Host to The Co-Operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Author of:

Screen saver or Life saver: http://www.ud.com
Use spare CPU to assist in cancer research.