is dbms_ddl an Oracle provided PLSQl package?

From: Stan Brown <stanb_at_panix.com>
Date: 30 Nov 2001 10:04:41 -0500

A few months ago, i set up to routinely run some of the script from the O'riely "Oracle Scripts" book.

Now I'm trying to figure out some things that are going on in my new instanec, as I bring it u inot production. In reading through the aabalyze.sql script I find that other than repirting stastics, the core of it is:

/* Analyze each index for this table */
dbms_ddl.analyze_object('INDEX', lv_owner, lv_index_name, 'COMPUTE');

Problem is I'm not certain where the package dbms_ddl gets defined. It does not appear to be defined in any of the scripts from this book.

So, is it a standared Oracle supplied PLSQL package?

If so, where can I find some documnetation on it?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin