Re: replication or export ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <oradba_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:45:29 +0100

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:29:19 +0100, "J. Dupont" <gontran_at_yahoo.fr> wrote:

>Marius <marius.raicu_at_rmc-france.fr> a écrit dans le message :
>5930f781.0111290000.783e15bd_at_posting.google.com...
>> "J.Dupont" <jdupont_at_yahoo.fr> wrote in message
>> > I have some problems with replication.
>> > I have 2 Data Bases (oracle 8.1.7 & IFS 1.1) on 2 sites. The first one
>is
>> > used by people who produce documents and the second one is used by
>customers
>> > who needs to consult these datas. Once a month, I must add the new
>documents
>> > (or the changed documents) to the 2nd Data Base. The 2 sites are not
>> > connected so I can't perform an on-line replication. I try to use
>deployment
>> > templates but it doesn't work, I have problems with the offline
>> > instantiation.
>
>> What kind of problems with offline instantiation?Could you detail,
>> please?
>I would like to know if it can be refresh ? Is it possible to make fast
>refresh ? (incremental ?).
>

>> Is it possible to make an off-line replication ? What about
>> > export ? I don't want to export all datas each time, I only want to
>export
>> > useful datas. I need some help and some docs about this topic
>(replication,
>> > export, deployment templates,...).
>> I have a site which work with replication and offline instantiation,
>> it work very well, please detail me the problems you have.
>> I have already read the Oracle8i online
>Yes, of course.
> I read some papers about replication, export/import,
>offline instantiation, transportable tablespaces, but I don't understantd
>all these "concepts". Do you have any information about it ? Then, do you
>know oracle forums on the internet ? Can you send me links, please ?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>Jérôme

http://tahiti.oracle.com is a searchable website with all docs for 8.1.7 and 9i.
It is appreciated if you ask specific clarification instead of someone just repeating the manual.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Nov 30 2001 - 08:45:29 CST