Re: replication or export ?

From: J. Dupont <gontran_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:29:19 +0100

> > I have some problems with replication.
> > I have 2 Data Bases (oracle 8.1.7 & IFS 1.1) on 2 sites. The first one
is
> > used by people who produce documents and the second one is used by
customers
> > who needs to consult these datas. Once a month, I must add the new
documents
> > (or the changed documents) to the 2nd Data Base. The 2 sites are not
> > connected so I can't perform an on-line replication. I try to use
deployment
> > templates but it doesn't work, I have problems with the offline
> > instantiation.

> What kind of problems with offline instantiation?Could you detail,
> please?

I would like to know if it can be refresh ? Is it possible to make fast refresh ? (incremental ?).

> Is it possible to make an off-line replication ? What about
> > export ? I don't want to export all datas each time, I only want to
export
> > useful datas. I need some help and some docs about this topic
(replication,
> > export, deployment templates,...).
> I have a site which work with replication and offline instantiation,
> it work very well, please detail me the problems you have.
> I have already read the Oracle8i online
Yes, of course.
 I read some papers about replication, export/import, offline instantiation, transportable tablespaces, but I don't understantd all these "concepts". Do you have any information about it ? Then, do you know oracle forums on the internet ? Can you send me links, please ?

Thanks in advance.
Jérôme Received on Fri Nov 30 2001 - 06:29:19 CST