Re: svrmgrl problem

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:16:19 +0100

"Alexey Ovchinnikov" <alexiss_at_svl.ru> wrote in message news:9u7hq6$7kh$1_at_octopus.co.ru...
> Hi, all
> I install Oracle 8.1.7.0.1 on SuSE Linux 7.1 just now.
> thanks to Vladislav Serbin for it :)
> So I get a problem at first post-install step - database creation
> I start 'svrmgrl', then login as 'internal' (strange that where are no
> 'password:' question) and then try to 'startup nomount'. This is my SVRMGR
> session:
>
> SVRMGR> connect internal
> Connected.
> SVRMGR> startup nomount
> /*(here is some around minute pause)*/
> ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
>
> it seems error i think! So, now I try to connect again and at this moment
> receive 'password:' prompt:
>
> SVRMGR> connect internal
> Password:
> ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel
>
> but can't connect :(
> So I can connect again only after restarting computer!
> please, help me
>
> thaks in advance
> Ovchinnikov Alexey

1 Check the alert<SID>.log in the bdump directory. It will contain pertinent error messages
2 This error is usually being caused by the fact the SHM* settings in Unix don't match the settings for the SGA, in that case Oracle will fail to create the SGA, and as Oracle locally communicates by means of the SGA you will get 3113.

Hth

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA