Re: 'no row' deadlock - ORA-00060

From: Samuel Becker <samuel.becker-cross_at_powerconv.alstom.com>
Date: 30 Nov 2001 01:17:27 -0800

"Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:<1007039289.3443.0.nnrp-14.9e984b29_at_news.demon.co.uk>...
> So far I've discovered 8 reasons why you
> can get TX locks in mode 4 on an Oracle
> system; and most of them can lead to
> 'row-free' deadlocks.
>
> The most likely causes on a delete statement,
> especially when you mention 'same table different
> rows' are:
>
> a) Is the table involved in a parent/child relation
> where there is no index on the child table
> representing a foreign key

Thanks a lot. I have created an index on a child table and it works !

Nevertheless, there's something i don't understand: this child table has already an unique index like Nuno Suto has mentionned: "(COL_FK, COL_SEQ)" where is COL_FK is the foreign key. And if i don't create another index (not unique) on COL_FK, i get deadlocks...

Regards Received on Fri Nov 30 2001 - 03:17:27 CST