insufficient privileges PROBLEM. Can'T connect as SYSDBA

From: Oliver Berger <oliver.berger_at_agro-norm.com>
Date: 30 Nov 2001 00:01:36 -0800

I've installed an Oracle 9.0.1.0.1 on a fresh W2K machine with SP2. I want to create a new database. Therefore i have to connect with sys/change_on_install as sysdba with sqlplus.

Every time i try this, i get the following error:

ERROR:
ORA-01031 insufficient privileges

I am logged in as Administrator on the W2K machine. The user Administrator is member of the ORA_DBA group.

Why do i have insufficient privileges? Received on Fri Nov 30 2001 - 02:01:36 CST