Re: help please with create database error

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:14:57 +1100

I must be missing something: the error message you got was that you couldn't create the database because you couldn't be authenticated as a privileged user because the password file was 'missing' (presumed non-existent). So create the password file, or create the symbolic link, and all should be well. If it isn't, then something else is going on -but you'll get another error message (we hope!), and you can let me know what that is if and when you get it.

Regards
HJR

--
Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com
===============================

"stevek" <stefano1_at_att.net> wrote in message

> Thanks for the input, but what about the error. Do you have any solution
> to that?
>

> "Howard J. Rogers" wrote:
> >
> > The file has to be in that location, I'm afraid -unless you start using
> > symbolic links to the actual location, leaving a link behind in the
default
> > one.
> >
> > Regards
> > HJR
> > --
> > Resources for Oracle: http://www.hjrdba.com
> >
> > "stevek" <stefano1_at_att.net> wrote in message
> > >
> > > Trying to create a new database and continue to get the below error.
> > >
> > > ORA-01501: CREATE DATABASE failed
> > > ORA-01990: error opening password file
'/u01/oracle/OraHome1/dbs/orapw'