Oracle Backup/Restore

From: TC3 Racer <samsmith_at_parktechnology.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 22:34:34 -0000

I've a oracle server that's supposed to run 24/7 but I could probably take it down for 30mins, once a month. It's running in Archive log mode

Weekly a full online backup is carried out, then incrementals of the archive logs

To recover this, can I just restore the last full online B/U + the archives, or do I need to go back to the last Cold B/U and restore all the Archive logs

+ If I'm carrying out a cold B/U should I turn off archiving before this B/U or leave it as it would make no difference

Thanks in advance

SS Received on Thu Nov 29 2001 - 16:34:34 CST