Re: Fantasy Oracle Implementation

From: Lionel Mandrake <mandrake_at_cheshamdbs.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2001 08:25:43 -0800

"jane" <janeyiu_at_optonline.net> wrote in message news:<lMjN7.345$rS6.119419_at_news02.optonline.net>...
> >>If I were you, I'd use Sun Sparc hardware to run your Oracle database.
> You
> >>get more security and reliability. Unfortunately, this combo will cost
> you
> >>more...ofcourse, you get what you pay for.
>
> Right, thus in the not too long run, the choice is AIX-RS/6000
> best value/performance.

Jane:

How do you mean "the choice is AIX-RS/6000 best value/performance."? We have about a half-dozen or so Sun boxes and maybe 2 dozen AIX boxes. (Not my choice by the way.) The AIX boxes cost about 5-6 times as much as an equally (or better) configured Sun box. For my money, there's nothing better than Veritas/Oracle/Sun... Why do you feel that AIX RS/6000 is the way to go?

Thanks,

-LM Received on Thu Nov 29 2001 - 10:25:43 CST