Re: enable row movement for partition tables

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:23:55 GMT

Have not used it, but I would expect you would get some performance hit when data had to move from one partition to another. Oracle has to actually move the data (insert into new partition, delete row from old one.). Depending upon how often this happens and the volume it might not be noticeable. Jim