CPU Usage 100%

From: AnupJ <anup_jalan_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2001 00:03:05 -0800

I have Oracle 8.1.7 & am using its Apache web-server, on Solaris.

Some user disconnected after asking for a page that is generated using JSP & is based on data returned by a query.

Since then, the CPU usage has gone up to 100%.

I have Oracle configured to use 4 shared server processes. Unix command prstat shows that the server process S001 is using all the cpu time.

This has been going on since more than 1 day, even though there are no users currently connected to Oracle or browsing the site.

Thus, in the past 24 hours, cpu time used by the server process has increased by almost 24 hours.

However, during the same time, Oracle v$sysstat reports total cpu usage has increased by hardly a few seconds.

Can anyone shed some light? Received on Thu Nov 29 2001 - 02:03:05 CST