Re: RAW device on Software Raid?

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 23:31:40 -0000

Software raid will work fine...

Presumably you have some sort of device called "/dev/md/rdsk/d1" or similar.

Use chown to allow oracle to write to it, create a symbolic link (say) /rawdisk/file1 to it, and then use this in the datafile clause.

Remember, if you're raw volume is 1000m, you should allow 1m or so, so the datafile spec would be 999m.

hth
connor