Re: Object Orientation question

From: Marc Blum <marc_at_marcblum.de>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 16:49:48 GMT

Hi Don,

Oracle may be written in C, but that hasn't anything to do with what Oracle offers to you for the development of applications.

When you declare an "Object" in PL/SQL, you won't ever know, how Oracle handles that "thing" inside the engine. Oracle may convert it to apples or even some hiroglyphes written on a piece of pergament, you won't ever see it, you never have to worry about it as long as it performs well and satisfies your requierements.

This may be a little esoteric but I hope you got the idea.

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:16:54 -0600, "D" <asd_at_asdf.com> wrote:

>Hi Group,
>
>As I understand it Oracle 8 or greater denormalizes tables to acheive object
>orientation. I also understand that most, if not all, of Oracle was written
>in C (presumably ANSI C). C is not an object oriented language. So how could
>a non-object oriented, procedural language create a system that is at some
>level, object oriented?
>
>Thanks
>
>Don

regards