Re: Oracle Names with both regional database and chrckpoints files

From: Christophe Cuq <chc_at_alussinan.org>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:43:48 +0100

>> "Vincent" == Vincent Ventrone <vav_at_brandeis.edu> writes:

Hi Vincent,

Vincent> We have been using an Onames Server *without* a Region DB for about
Vincent> 6 months & in general it has worked well.  There have been a few
Vincent> small glitches, which usually mean forcing it to rebuild its local
Vincent> cache file.  An Onames Server can be configured to use a Region DB
Vincent> *or* a cache file only (built via the DDO option) but not both.

That's what I had understood, but I needded to have a confirmation, due to my poor bad english.

Vincent> You can mix & match the two types of Names Servers in your network
Vincent> but we have not (yet) tried that.  As far as I know, the checkpoint
Vincent> feature is specifically designed to allow a Names Server that uses
Vincent> a Region DB to continue to function even if the Region DB is
Vincent> unavailable.

That could be a solution. I'll have a look at this point

Vincent> From what I understand all you need to do is to include this
Vincent> parameter in its names.ora config file:
Vincent> NAMES.CACHE_CHECKPOINT_INTERVAL = 600

Vincent> The cache file is called "ckpreg.ora".

Ok. Nice.

Thanks for your help

Best Regards,

--
CHC
Installer Gnus/Emacs en environnement MS Windows :