Re: Problems creating databases in 9i

From: Patrick <buckeye234_at_excite.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2001 08:23:02 -0800

"Robert Vabo" <robert_vabo_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<Pi1N7.13286$pK1.367206_at_juliett.dax.net>...
> I have made a script that creates some databases that works fine in Oracle 7
> and 8 but there are some new features in 9. The svrmgrl is substituted with
> sqlPlus. I get an error when I run my script. It is like this :
>
> SET ORACLE_SID=EPH
> Oradim -new -sid EPH -intpwd mypwd -startmode auto -pfile
> c:\EphOra\eph_db\initeph.ora
> Oradim -startup -sid EPH -starttype srvc,inst -usrpwd mypwd -pfile
> c:\EphOra\eph_db\initeph.ora
> sqlplus @ephrun.sql
>
> the ephrun.sql file is like this:
> spool c:\EphOra\eph_db\spoolEPHRun.log
> set echo on
> connect INTERNAL/mypwd
> startup nomount pfile=c:\EphOra\eph_db\initEPH.ora
> CREATE DATABASE Ephorte
> LOGFILE 'c:\EphOra\eph_db\log1EPH.log' SIZE 5M,
> 'c:\EphOra\eph_db\log2EPH.log' SIZE 5M
> MAXLOGFILES 32
> MAXLOGMEMBERS 2
> MAXLOGHISTORY 1
> DATAFILE 'c:\EphOra\eph_db\Sys1EPH.dbf' SIZE 50M
> MAXDATAFILES 254
> MAXINSTANCES 1
> CHARACTER SET WE8ISO8859P1
> NATIONAL CHARACTER SET WE8ISO8859P1;
> spool off
>
> The error occured when I try to connect INTERNAL/mypwd.
>
> Any help is good help !

Connect Internal is depricated with 9i. They no longer support it. Use connect / as sysdba instead. Also, it may help to look at the 9i docs. I am guessing that you may run into trouble with rollback segments if you haven't accounted for the new Undo space features in either your scripts or init.ora.

HTH,
Patrick Received on Wed Nov 28 2001 - 10:23:02 CST