Re: invalid number

From: Thomas Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2001 06:15:14 -0800

In article <9u2j2g$o3k$1_at_reader06.wxs.nl>, "Julian says...

>I am trying to insert some data into an oracle 8i database.
>When i'm using my application (developed with powerbuilder) on my computer
>it works fine. When I am using the application on other computers it works
>fine, but when my boss want to use the application on his computer, the
>application says: Invalid number. What can be the problem?
>
>Julian Kooiker

perhaps....

your boss has a different language setup by default, one that uses a , where you use a . and a . where you use a ,

In that language, a number that works for you -- fails.

see
http://groups.google.com/groups?q=NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS+author:tkyte%40us.oracle.com&hl=en&rnum=1&selm=9tltpq025su%40drn.newsguy.com

and see if that isn't the issue.