controlfile mismatch

From: Morten <morten_skovgaard_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:02:16 +0100

Hi!

I've installed an Oracle 9i server on my Linux RedHat 7.2 system. I've had various problems getting the database which was created as part of the installation started. My latest attempt has brought me in a situation where I'm told that there is a mismatch between my DB_BLOCK_SIZE (2048) and the controlfile blocksize (8192). (ORA-00218 error).

Does anyone know how this can be resolved? I've seen a previous post that suggests that the controlfiles can be recreated - but how is that done? On otn.oracle.com the only suggestion is this:

Action: Restore a good copy of the control file.

Having never had a good control file makes this advice kind of hard to follow. I'd be very happy if someone could help me out of this mess.

Morten Received on Wed Nov 28 2001 - 07:02:16 CST