Data encryption

From: Laurent Boutet <laurent.boutet1_at_libertysurf.fr>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:04:34 +0100

Hi,
I'm a beginner in Oracle. I'm migrating my project from Interbase 6 to Oracle.
Here are my questions :
1/
I'd like to know if Oracle provided Algorythms to encrypt data, like functions I could use with
stored procedure, in PL/SQL block....
You know, with Interbase I used to encrypt some of my data with Delphi, then insert them into Interbase...but my functions under Delphi don't work anymore when inserting into Oracle.

2/
With Interbase, I'm using the following types : SmallInt and Integer. I'd like to know how would these types be under Oracle...I have converted them into Number(5) and
Number(10)...but I'm not sure it's a good conversion... I think the types "SmallInt" and "Integer" exist under Oracle...but do they exist under Oracle 7, 8, 9 and futur versions ????

Thanks in advance,
Laurent Received on Wed Nov 28 2001 - 03:04:34 CST