Re: Object Orientation question

From: koert54 <koert54_at_nospam.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 20:49:36 GMT

So what ? Most C++ compilers generated C code as an intermediate step ! Does this mean C++ is not really object oriented ? (welllll let's not discuss that :-) )
In the end, it all results in native assembler code - I never heard of OO Assembler - did you ?
In a previous life I used to program cross compilers - I once rewrote a back-end generating imperative C code (using a massive amount of GOTOs) into a back-end generating OO Java (with no GOTOs at all (goto is a reserved word but not implemented in java :-) !) ....
I hope this answered your question ?

koert