Changing NLS_LANGUAGE/TERRITORY

From: Harald Henkel <H.Henkel_at_GS-automation.DE>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:09:18 +0100

Hello everybody.

I want to import an export file (from Oracle 8.1.6) into Oracle 8.0.5 I've done the export with exp80.

The problem is the NLS paramateters. The source DB was set to German/Germany while the destination is American/America.

Can I set the NLS parameters for the import ? Can I change the NLS parameters of the destination database ? In the init.ora file there have been no entries for nls parameters.

I added

nls_language = German
nls_territory = Germany

and restarted the database.

Yet, if I make a

select * from nls_database_parameters ;

I receive as before:

PARAMETER                      VALUE
NLS_LANGUAGE                   AMERICAN
NLS_TERRITORY                  AMERICA
NLS_CURRENCY                   $

What do I have to do, to make Oracle accept the new settings ?

I guess this is a FAQ, but I didn't see it in the docu.

With kind regards,
Harald Henkel

--
Harald Henkel