SQL Plus tells me it has deleted the row, but it hasn't?

From: David <david.wynter_at_btclick.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:12:30 -0000

Hello,

I am using 8.1.5 on W2K server. I have a Servlet connected to the database with the same login I am using for SQL Plus, GUI version. I prefer to use the SQL Plus command line version but I ahve never been able to connect to the database because of ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error even thought the servlet is using the same TNS Listener with the same user id through JDBC? I use SQL Plus to delete a row ala

<-----------------

SQL> select field_name, rw_field_id, record_id from rw_field where field_name like 'New%';

FIELD_NAME                                         RW_FIELD_ID RECORD_ID
-------------------------------------------------- ----------- ---------
New MSCI Industrial Class Code                            8993       161

SQL> delete from rw_field where rw_field_id = 8993;

1 row deleted.

SQL> select field_name, rw_field_id, record_id from rw_field where field_name like 'New%';

no rows selected

I exit Sql Plus and the servlet and restart SQLPlus and the row has gone. But when I restart the servlet and look at the page that has a selector for these records that row is still there, but I cannot select it with a normal query in SQLPlus. My knowledge of Oracle is limited but this is too weird.

Any explanations?

Regards

David Received on Tue Nov 27 2001 - 06:12:30 CST