Re: NT4 to W2K With Oracle Installed

From: da <DASHWORTH2_at_houston.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 08:28:43 GMT

I have a sorta' simliar question.

I'm developing product using C++/VB(ADO) against SQL, Sybase and Oracle installed on VMWare virtual machines.

I have reached a point where it is beginning to make sense to create cookie cutter images of the machines by "renaming" them and giving coppies of them to the rest of the programmers. I've figured out how to rename the SQL server installs, have not attemped renaming the Sybase or Oracle installs yet.

I'm effectively running Oracle8i on NT 4.0 w/SP6a.

My question is, if the "name" of the machine that an existing Oracle8i install is sitting on has to change...what is the process of changing that machine name without toasting the underlying database?

Tanks... donald(dot)ashworth(at)datacert(dot)com

"Chris Boyle" <cboyle_at_no.spam.hargray.com> wrote in message news:9rs1cn$9t7r$1_at_news3.infoave.net...
> Hello all,
> 8.1.7
> NT4 SP6
>
> Can anyone point me towards any type of documentation about what to expect
> if I do an upgrade of the OS to W2K? Would I be better off to remove
Oracle