How To Declare Host Variables in VB

From: Aman <gulatiaman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Nov 2001 23:08:16 -0800

We are declaring an Anonymous block of PL/SQL to insert new data into the database. In the anonymous block of PL/SQL we need to lock the table for insert initially, we are also generating the next valid ID that needs to be associated with the new record. And after the insert is a success we commit the changes and come out of the PL/SQL. And Incase the insertion fails we rollback the transaction and exit the block.
As mentioned earlier ID is being generated manually inside the block. Now in order to carry on we need to find the ID for which the record was inserted.
If somehow we could declare the host variable in VB it would make my life a lot simpler. Received on Tue Nov 27 2001 - 01:08:16 CST